Why You Should Get Your Wood Heater Flue Cleaned In Summer!
- Prevent chimney fires. “There are 3 – 5 chimney fires every year in QLD. Some result in the house burning down, so it is essential you get your chimney cleaned regularly”
- Due to the high demand for my chimney sweep services through winter. It can take up to 4-5 weeks for me to be able to come and clean your flue. “If you get your chimney swept in summer, I can normally clean your flue within a couple of days.”
- I have found that one in four wood heater flues I clean have not been installed properly or are broken. This would mean that your wood heater is unsafe, and a danger to your family, in the event of a chimney flue fire. You would need to have your wood heater re-installed properly or repaired.
“Please be aware that most wood heater installers and repairers are always busiest throughout winter, so if your wood heater needs to be repaired you may have to wait up to 2 months to have it fixed.”
Wood Heaters Should Be:
- Chimney swept every 2 years in Queensland
- Every year for a rental property
Open Fireplace Chimneys should be swept every 4- 5 years.